INTERNATIONAL TAX SERVICES – TAX ADVISORY FOR INTERNATIONAL INDIVIDUALS, TRUSTEES AND BUSINESSES
Turner Legal provide robust international tax advice for individual and business international tax planning. As New Zealand tax law specialists and trust experts we are ideally placed to advise on foreign trusts, immigration tax issues and cross border business tax planning.
FOREIGN TRUST TAX ADVICE
- We provide NZ taxation advice on foreign trusts for non-residents and NZ inbound residents
- We establish and administer NZ foreign trusts. Our lawyer, Keith Turner, is a STEP member. Please note that we employ the usual know your client and anti-money laundering client enquiries before accepting appointments.
- We provide taxation advice on international tax obligations under the trusts regime.
- New rules for NZ Foreign trusts being introduced in 2016 require increased disclosure and compliance. We welcome enquires from STEP worldwide members on NZ’s foreign trust regime.
RESIDENCY TAXATION ADVICE
NZ tax residency is evolving with Inland Revenue rewriting its interpretation and judges interpreting concepts differently. Everyone’s circumstances are different, and we take the time to understand the important facts and provide appropriate advice to inbound/outbound expatriates.
- Turner Legal provide tax planning for the transition to NZ and advice on the tax implications of the transfer or retention of assets, and incorporating the transitional residence exemption.
- For individuals migrating to or emigrating from NZ our tax advisory service includes assessments of individuals’ tax residency status under the NZ domestic legislation and double tax agreements.
- We carefully address the impact of the transitional residency exemption for new and returning migrants.
- We work in tandem with overseas tax and legal advisers to ensure a coordinated approach.
- We can advise on distributions from foreign inheritances and from foreign trusts.
CROSS BORDER BUSINESS STRUCTURING AND TAX PLANNING
- We advise on the tax effectiveness of using subsidiaries, branches, trusts, unit trusts, limited partnerships and look through companies as investment vehicles in and out of NZ.
- We advise on international tax obligations under foreign superannuation plans, interests in foreign investment funds and controlled foreign companies.
- We work with foreign advisers to coordinate our advice.
For first class tax and trusts advice, call us 09 216 8075 or drop us an enquiry using the form below.
"Keith is always up to date with legal developments and goes out of his way to explain things. He responds in a timely manner with sound advice on how to apply the complexities of tax law to the commercial realities of life."Matthew Salmon (Chartered Accountant)
"Keith is a thorough practitioner providing relevant and practical advice, and is someone I refer my clients to with confidence"Paul (Chartered Accountant)
"Responsive, clear in his understanding of client needs, sharp in his knowledge of the relevant tax law and clear in his advice. Keith delivered in a timely and professional manner."Scott (Individual Client)